As a chef, you spend a lot of time on your feet. It therefore naturally follows that you need your shoes to be as comfortable as possible. The longer you’re going to be upright, the more support you need. You will also need to ensure that your shoes offer an element of protection against slips, trips, and falls. These are the kind of accidents that can easily become commonplace in any kitchen.
Rather than having to constantly search the web for the best non slip chef shoes you can find, we’ve done the hard work for you. Below, you’ll find a list of the best chef shoes out there, reviewed and rated so you can make an educated purchasing decision.
Related: Best Area Rugs For Kitchen
Top 5 Best Non Slip Shoes For Chefs On The Market
Most Recommended Kitchen Shoes – Reviews 2018
1. ESCOFFIER Non-Slip Clogs for Chef
- EVA material which increased hardness - Highly flexible and strong enough to resist the weight of the heavy weight, thus reducing the strain on the ankles and knees
- High Hardness of EVA Material - If the shoes were worn for longer and longer, the shoe cushions had been weakened, and the durability of the shape was improved and the shape of the shape was altered.
- Special rubber out brush on the bottom of shoes - Ideal for a cook who is exposed to the dangers of the kitchen floor
- EVA INSOLE - Enough insole cushion that relieve feet's stress
- 3 Month Guarantees - if there is problem, we will exchange New one after we ve got problem photo or comments
Best Product For: Chefs looking for longevity
The upsides of ESCOFFIER Non-Slip Clogs…
These clogs are made from 100% EVA, which means they are durable and easy to wear. They feel comfortable immediately, and over time, become even more comfortable as they are “worn in” to the particular contours of the foot.
We particularly liked the special rubber brush out of these clogs, which is a necessary inclusion for chefs. We found this addition meant that these shoes were truly non-slip, and it’s good to see they satisfy their base requirement with ease.
Finally, we particularly liked the three month guarantee offered by the seller. Three months is a long time in the life of a pair of clogs worn by a hard-working chef. In that light, we thought this inclusion was a particularly impressive touch.
The downsides of ESCOFFIER Non-Slip Clogs…
Unfortunately, the glue used on some elements of these clogs is less than impressive. It may need some attention if used for sustained periods of time. The rest of the construction is generally excellent, but a little extra glue would have made a big difference.
We also found that these shoes didn’t offer complete all-shift comfort during our testing, but then again, no shoe can. While they were definitely preferable to standard shoes, these aren’t the perfect remedy. They offer increased benefits, but no guarantee of an entirely pain-free experience.
Finally, perhaps it’s a little bit picky, but these shoes aren’t the most attractive available. They do the job, but if you’re concerned about aesthetics, you might want to look elsewhere.
While the occasional glue issues are irritating, ultimately, these shoes are a great choice— and that three month guarantee is particularly impressive given the nature of the product.
Related: Best Vegetable Chopper Reviews
2. STABIL Grippers black size XL 12.5-15.5
- Proprietary sole compound and tread pattern dramatically enhances traction in slick or wet environments.
- Easily washed in hot water or dishwasher
- TPE keeps Stabilgrippers snug on your feet while added sole padding delivers greater comfort & reducing leg fatigue.
- Laboratory and field tests reveal superior performance on a wide range of flooring conditions.
- Made in USA
Best Product For: Flexibility
The upsides of STABIL Grippers…
The STABIL grippers are shoes that rely on tested performance. Their performance and benefit to the user has been consistently studied through a variety of laboratory and field tests, so you can be confident you’re buying a high-end product.
Perhaps the biggest advantage these offer is that they can be worn with your own footwear. This allows for maximum comfort, as you can add incredible non slip protection to the comfiest pair of shoes you own— a truly wonderful innovation.
Finally, we found that they genuinely did make a difference in terms of the time we could spend on our feet without experiencing discomfort. The TPE material is particularly excellent for keeping the STABIL grippers stable, while also helping to prevent issues such as blisters.
The downsides of STABIL Grippers…
We tried the STABIL Grippers on a range of different shoe types, and they worked on all but one. That’s a pretty good result, although it was disappointing not to get a full house.
We found the cause of this issue was the sizing can sometimes be erratic, often coming in smaller than the size of the actual shoe. It may be wise to buy two pairs — your standard size and then a smaller size — and returning the one that doesn’t work as well.
Finally, the fact these rely on you using your own shoes does make us feel that the purchase price is a little expensive for what they are.
Though a touch on the expensive side, we think the flexibility the STABIL Grippers offer outweighs the cost. A great option if you are hoping to be able to wear your own shoes to work.
Related: Best Carving Knife Reviews
3. YOWESHOP Slip Resistant Chef Clog - Kitchen Non Slip Work Shoes Black for Men Women
- Anti-Slip Work Safety Shoes is perfect for chef,doctors,nurses or anyone looking for the perfect working clog
- RestaurantSlip Resistant Clog Mule featuring adjustable backstrap and massage-po footbed,Shoe insole with Breatable Hole
- Non Slip chef Shoes-unique anti-slip system instantly disperses water film to achieve skid stains on washing liquid ect.
- Molded removable cushioned insole with vent channels, Swiveled blackstrap converts clog from sling back to a slide
- Professional Unisex chef Shoes enhanced arch support ensures all-day comfort.
Best Product For: High quality
The upsides of the Slip Resistant Chef Clogs…
If you are looking for a high-quality, incredibly designed chef clog, then this is definitely an option you’re going to want to consider. The design of these clogs is incredibly intelligent, and we particularly found the adjustable back strap incredibly useful.
We also loved the breathable insoles. Not only did these ensure that our feet stayed cool even when we had been upright for hours, but they also allowed us to dry these clogs very quickly after washing. This added convenience made the clogs very easy to live with, which is important. People working in the kind of busy jobs that are likely to require this kind of specialist shoe need reliability.
Finally, the non slip protection truly is fantastic, and worked like a charm every time.
The downsides of the Slip Resistant Chef Clogs…
The price of these clogs has to be mentioned. They are one of the most expensive on the market. While we think they justified the extra cost, the price is prohibitive for those on a budget.
Expensive, but very much worth it. A comfortable clog that is able to help you perform at your best.
Related: Best Carbon Steel Pan Reviews
4. safeTstep Slip Resistant Women's Chef Clog
Best product for: Comfort without cost
The upsides of the safeTstep Slip Resistant Women’s Chef Clog....
The non slip properties on these clogs are impressive, and held up to a variety of different surfaces and conditions.
Additionally, the clogs were also extremely comfortable. They can easily handle an eight-hour shift when they have been “broken in” (more on this below). We found that walking was effortless, and it was possible to forget anything was being worn at all— quite the feat for your feet!
Finally, the cost of these clogs for the quality is quite astonishing, and we can only applaud safeTstep for this.
The downsides of the safeTstep Slip Resistant Women’s Chef clog…
Firstly, although these are marketed as “women’s”, they’re really just clogs. Clogs are unisex, so anyone should feel comfortable wearing these— providing the sizing fits, of course. It seems odd to gender something as simple as a pair of non slip clogs.
Secondly, we found that the high back of these clogs can be uncomfortable in the initial stages of wear. It may be best to wear these around the house until they are “broken in”. This is somewhat inconvenient, but not all that different from conventional shoes, so not too much of a hassle.
Finally, as is the case with many clogs, the sizing can be a touch erratic. It tends to run large, so be cautious of this when making your purchase.
A great all-rounder that, save for a few manageable quibbles, performs well in all areas of consideration.
Related: Best Kitchen Shear Reviews
5. STICO Chef Kitchen Slip Resistant Safety Men's Shoes Clog, US Size 5-11
- SUPERIOR PRODUCT - Our products are equipped with Nanotech Ceramic Anti-slip technology which is certified by the world-accredited through the acquisition of UK SATRA, US FDA and European CE.
- OUTSOLE FUNCTION - Combines rubber and ceramic to provide excellent protection against slippery surfaces such as water and oil. Because of the synthetic ceramics, anti-slip performance is demonstrated permanently even when the bottom pattern is worn.
- ABRASION & DEODORIZING FUNCTION - Shoe sole is made of new materials ceramic and rubber and excellent durability. Insole has also antibacterial and deodorizing function, so it does not have unpleasant smell.
- COMFORTABLE FIT - Our lightweight footwear is made of lightweight material with good cushioning for long wearing comfort.
- HIGH DURABILITY - Our products are highly resistant to oils and chemicals and are not easily deformed by hazardous substances. Therefore, you can wear for a long time without deforming the shape.
Best Product For: High-tech performance
The upsides of the STICO Chef Kitchen Slip Resistant Safety Shoes…
It’s hard to fault the design and innovation that has gone into this great safety shoes. The shoes are equipped with incredible Nanotech Ceramic Anti-Slip technology, which is certified and accredited by the likes of UK SATRA, the European CE, and the US FDA. In practice, we found these shoes very much lived up to the hype and performed outstandingly well, and the anti-slip cannot be faulted.
Furthermore, we’re impressed that this technology has been put to good use in terms of improving the lifespan of the shoe. The STICO Chef Kitchen Slip Resistant shoes will continuing to offer superior anti-slip performance even when the bottom pattern is worn, so you should see decent return on your investment.
Finally, for a shoe that looks so robust, we found these were pleasantly lightweight and highly enjoyable to wear— a great performance.
The downsides of the STICO Chef Kitchen Slip Resistant Safety Shoes…
Aesthetics aren’t a decisive consideration for shoes that will always be more functional than fashionable, but still… these aren’t particularly attractive. They eschew the standard clog design and instead opt for an almost cartoonish square shape. Given that they work so well at their primary function this is forgivable, but it’s not quite ideal.
We spoke happily of the innovation offered by the STICO Chef Kitchen Slip Resistant shoes, but that innovation does come at a price— literally. If you’re buying on a budget, these shoes may well be outside of what you can afford, which is a shame given their performance.
Finally, a small argument, but these shoes are also gendered for men. This is simply pointless, and women can — and will — wear these providing they can find a suitable size. For women with small feet, however, you may be out of luck. Unfortunately, that means you can’t take advantage of the incredible design and technology that these shoes utilize.
Yes, they’re a little pricey, but that’s because they perform extremely well at anything that is asked of them. A genuinely great choice that should suit most needs.
No matter what your personal, specific requirements, one of the pairs of non slip chef shoes above should be more than suitable for your needs.